Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Katahdin and Beyond

It was a little surreal to climb Katahdin and even be in Maine after all this time! We've been imagining this moment for months or years and it finally came! I felt lucky to summit with a great group of folks that I've been hiking with for a while now AND we had the most beautiful weather you could ask for! I didn't think it was going to be as breathtaking as it was, but Katahdin has one of the most amazing views on the trail and it was a fun hike. 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just returned from the most wonderful wedding in St. Augustine Florida. College friends Mandy and Russell decided to tie the knot. A quite impressive crowd of family and friends came to support the happy couple in their next exciting journey. We swam with the bioluminescent plankton at night, camped out, celebrated on the beach, and caught up with old friends while making new ones.


Now I'm on my way back to the trail. I have less than 750 miles to complete my thru-hike. I plan to finish this year. I have sections in Vermont, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Starting with my most northernly sections I will hike south toward home (Georgia). If all goes as planned I'll finish by Christmas. (about 2 months more) I would like to end on Springer Mount, GA (where I started), so I will likely rehike the last 100 miles or so and be picked up by friends or family from there.


I've had many people from the trail to offer me a hiking partner through these sections. So I'm likely
going to have a little company, which is always nice :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment