Monday, April 22, 2013

300 Miles at Sam's Gap

After 17 miles in the rain and cold, I was hungry (more like ravenously hungry) for a hot meal so I walked 3 more miles to a diner and met the nicest elderly couple eating there.  They asked if I was alone and I guess I wore my "pitiful" look for they invited me home for the night which gave me a chance to bathe, wash my clothes, sleep in a real bed, fed me breakfast and carried me back to the trail the next morning.  It, and they, were awesome!

4/22/13:  On  a downside note I have avoided the shelters altogether due to the viral bug going rampant and the CDC has closed several shelters in order to "bleach" them out; however, I was sick anyway for 24 hours and had a zero day Saturday.  I walked only a short distance Sun. but today I feel better and have reached Erwin, TN.  I am finally getting "my trail legs" and should make better time here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment