Sunday, April 28, 2013

Trek-ing on thru Tennessee....

4/26/13:  Zero'd in a pretty apple orchard yesterday bc I was lazy and decided eating copious amounts of my food, yoga and napping in a sunny field all day was way better than hiking.  Besides, with all the rain everything was wet so we hung and spread out things to dry.  Going into town (Elk Park) tomorrow.  Staying at Overmountain Shelter (converted barn) tonight which holds 20 people.   It is supposed to be rainy again this week.

REMEMBER:  NO RAIN, NO MAINE!

4/29/13:  Cater Saves the  Day (I mean the Water Bottle)!

 Near Laurel Falls, TN we, Aqua-man, Wooden Spoon & her dog, "Gaia," Blood Orange and myself, were hiking in a beautiful area and while crossing a river bridge someone dropped their nice $10 water bottle into the river.  Two of us saw this as a serious challenge to rescue it and actually sprinted (as much as you can harnessed with a back pack)  along the river and leaning over the intense current looking for where we thought the bottle would be coming.  I ditched my bag and put on my sandals just in time to leap 2 or 3 feet into the river and successfully grabbed the bottle.  I earned my dinner as a reward.   Being wet was nothing new under the sun for it's been raining forever.  My tent has been leaking lately and the company is mailing me a new bigger one to the Damascus, VA post office where I will also have another food box awaiting me in a few days.

I've hiked 420 miles so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment