Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Mission for Nutrition!

When I get discouraged while hiking I have to remind myself that one of the main reasons why I am willing to accept this punishment, and I want to remind you also, is.........

MY PURPOSE:

I've decided that, due to the inherent growth Guatemala provided me, I will try to give back in a similar fashion.  That's why I intend to dedicate this walk to fund-raise for the Nutrition and Cooking project that I helped to pioneer.  The purpose of this program is to provide information about healthy eating to our Women's Circles and cooking class to show how to prepare these nutritious foods for their families (With a focus on children).  It is also connected with an entrepreneurial aspect, allowing the participants to create small businesses by selling healthy treats!  Since Guatemala has the highest rate of chronic malnutrition in Latin America among children and the 4th highest in the world, there is a lot to be done!  Hopefully this will not only be a time of reflection and growth for myself, but also grant me the ability to bring attention to a subject that I care for very deeply.

I have hiked 400+ miles to date and that distance should prove me worthy of donations toward the Nutrition and Cooking project mentioned above.  I hope to raise $10,000 by the time I reach Katahdin, Maine, hopefully in September.  The fund raising is now off to a good start!  Thank you.

If you'd like to contribute to the Highland Support Project,

Click Here to Donate!


Or if you have questions about:

HSP: http://www.highlandsupportproject.org/

AMA: http://www.amaguate.org/




No comments:

Post a Comment