Sunday, March 10, 2013

10 Day Count Down

NO TURNING BACK!  
(Well, I could but where's the fun in that!?!)

After spending a life savings on equipment and supplies, up and quitting ALL my jobs AND being a big mouth about this "cockamamy" plan to walk to Maine, I'm more anxious than ever :)

I am pretty set on all my equipment and have a short camping test this week just to make sure that everything's up to par.

Everyone's been really great with the concerned recommendations and helpful tid-bits. (But I'm still not going to take a gun.)

Mom has been...um.. more "nominated" than a willing participant for my "special little helper." But she is taking to the responsibilities very well :) She will be responsible for mailing out resupply packages, updating blogs and sending out emails. So for questions and concerns, please speak to my "secretari-mom".

The date is still set for March 20th. I will be dropped off at Springer Mountain in Amicola Falls. (in north GA) My first resupply stop will be about a 3 day hike to Neel Gap. There is a hostel there with SHOWERS, food and a helpful staff that will give equipment and gear advice.

I'd like to give a Special Thanks to :
Mom, Cary, Dad and Trillis
Ben, Lori, JT, Mary Ella
Cliff "Tabasco" and Terri Dodson
Joanna "Baby Ruth" Krohn
Staff of Diamond Brand and Frugal Backpackers in Asheville
My family and friends
Missy, Brandon, Cloe, Spencer, Shylah
Bill and Janice
Bud and Lauri
Tina Dickson
Andrea Zvikas
The Jones
Truett Goodwin
The Waltons
Joan Cooper
HSP/AMA
And anyone who has given me a job, ride, meal, advice/support or a helping hand. No matter the size, everything that you do/did, helped me get to this point. I love and appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment