Monday, March 18, 2013

Off to the Races

Tonight is the last night I'll be spending in Forsyth and all of the family (both biological and adopted) came to moms for dinner and board games.  We had a great time; I really appreciate everyone for stopping by! I'm going to miss everyone of you so much!

I leave for Atlanta tomorrow and from there Amicalola Falls early Wed to begin hiking (approach trail~8 miles).  I will have travel accompaniment for the first three days of my journey. After that I will be soloing it :D

Neels Gap is the first resupply stop and I expect to reach it sometime Sat-Sun. I've packed my bags, unpacked, and repacked....and with enough food and water for Xerxes' army it rests at a whopping 40 pounds. I've tested my gear and experienced carrying most of it for several hours. It wasnt pleasant to say the least, but I can do it! :)

1 comment:

  1. You go gal... you'll have a great experience - you are determined, resilient and just wile and adventurous enough to get the most out of it. Will enjoy following your journey. A friend of mine who retired last year has been hiking 3-4 sections of the AT and will be on the trail the first 3 weeks of May - you may run in to her at some point. Deb.
    take care and savor it all.

    ReplyDelete